Crawford County Fair Queen/Ambassador qualifications are as follows:
1. Must be a U.S. citizen, a resident of Crawford County.
2. Must be at least age 16 but no older than 20 years of age by June 1.
3. Must be single, never married, have no children and must not marry nor get pregnant during her reign.
4. Must have parent or guardian’s consent.
5. Must complete an application and participate in all orientation and judging activities.
6. Must have personal knowledge/experiences of the Crawford County Fair and PA agriculture.
7. Prepare a 2 minute persuasive speech on “Why you should attend and participate in our Fair” (judged on originality, content and creativity) and write a 350 word essay on career opportunities in agriculture related fields.
9. Each contestant’s knowledge, speaking ability and personality will be judged by a panel of three judges. Poise and appearance will be considered.
10. Final contestants will be asked an impromptu question related to PA agriculture.
11. Must be willing to participate in Fair Events, local parades and other county events as requested by the committee.
Qualifications for State Fair Queen Contest are as follows:
1. Be female who is a US citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania.
2. Be at least age 16, but no older than 20 years of age as of June 1.
3. Be certified as the winner by the local fair where she was crowned.
4. Have not been a former local Fair Queen winner, nor a former State Fair Queen contestant.
5. Not hold any other title for any other commodity group or pageant during her reign.
6. Have her parent(s) or guardian(s) consent to enter the competition.
7. Be single, have never been married, have not been pregnant nor given birth to a child.
8. Act in accordance with the State Fair Queen “Behavior Policy.”
9. Meet all time commitments, obligations and dress code as set forth by the PA Fair Queen Program.