CRAWFORD COUNTY FAIR QUEEN PAGEANT
The Crawford County Fair Queen is expected to represent the Fair with pride and dignity and to exhibit the highest of principles at all times.
Below are the Official PA State Fair Queen Program rules:
Each Fair Queen contestant must
- Be a female who is a U.S. citizen and a resident of Pennsylvania and Crawford County. (Below see pertinent requirements for Crawford County Fair Queen Program).
- Be at least age 16, but no older than 20, years of age as of June 1 of the year entering the local contest.
- Be certified as the winner by the local fair where she was crowned.
- Have not been a former local Fair Queen winner, nor a former PA State Fair Queen contestant.
- Not hold any other State title for any other commodity group or pageant during her reign.
- Have her parent(s)’ or guardian(s)’ consent to enter the competition.
- Be single, have never been married, have not been pregnant nor given birth to a child.
- Act in accordance with the PA Fair Queen “Behavior Policy” – see Queen Handbook
- Meet all time commitments, Queen Obligations and Dress Code as set forth by the PA Fair Queen Program. See Queen Handbook
The contestant must be a full time resident of Crawford County. The Queen or the First Runner-up (if the Queen can not) must be available to attend the Pennsylvania State Fair Convention in Hershey, PA, in January following the year she was crowned. (The cost of attending will be paid for by the Crawford County Fair Board, as will be the Chaperone’s expense.)
The contestant will be selected on the basis of appearance, speaking ability, poise, personality, and a general knowledge of the Crawford County Fair. She must have a natural sales ability and be proficient in public relations. The judges will be looking for a person who can best represent a wholesome attitude towards the Crawford County Fair and the agricultural community.
The contestant must write an essay (typewritten, in 12 pt font, double spaced and 1” margins no more then 300 words) on “What My Fair Means to My Community”. The contestant must give a speech that is no more than 3 minutes long, on “Why You Should come To My Fair” (Creativity is encouraged) the use of props is permitted. (The use of live animals will not be permitted, or the use of fire or weapons. Overhead projectors of PowerPoint presentations are not permitted).
The Contestant may obtain the application on line at www.crawfordcountyfairpa.com or at the fair office in the Crawford County Courthouse. No applications will be mailed to the contestants. Deadline for all entries is June 30th, the year entering the contest. Please mail to The Crawford County Courthouse, c/o Diana Perry, 903 Diamond Square, Meadville, PA 16335, or submit to the fair office in the Crawford County Courthouse. The Fair Queen Pageant will be held the first Sunday of the Fair at 7:30 pm at the Crawford County Fair. The queen must be able to appear at various functions during the fair. (As needed in the various departments).
The Crawford County Fair Queen will receive a monetary cash award of $750.00. She will receive $250.00 when she is crowned and the remaining when her reign is completed. The 1st alternate will receive $250.00 monetary cash award. The reigning Queen will be responsible for getting her own vehicle to go to the parades and any other event she may be asked to participate in.