Crawford County Fair Board policy regarding pets & animals on the fairgrounds
No pets of any kind are allowed on the premises of the Crawford County Fairgrounds. The only exceptions are as follows:
- As a part of an approved entertainment program (such as Circus, etc.) or part of an exhibition or competition (such as Livestock and 4-H events) remaining only in the designated areas, meeting applicable health and legal requirements, including the proper insurance as required by the Crawford County Fair Board. All animals must remain under the control of the exhibitor at all times.
- As service animals or service animals in training, properly restrained and identified and current with rabies vaccination.
- Vendors and Exhibitors are discouraged but allowed to have their pets at their camping site approved by the Crawford County Fair Board and only if the following conditions are met:
- Animal should always be under control and restricted to the camping site that has been leased.
- All necessary health and legal requirements must be met (such as identification on the pet, all pets must be current on the rabies vaccination and must be registered with the Crawford County Fair).
- Failure to register your pet and provide proper rabies information, you will be asked to remove your pet from the fairgrounds property immediately.
- Animal must be provided with a cool shaded area, be protected from inclement weather, provided with fresh water, and never left in a parked automobile on the Crawford County Fairgrounds.
- All pet owners/caretakers must pick up their animal’s waste and keep their campsite free of feces so that no odor bothers adjacent campsites, and they must dispose of waste in a proper trash container.
- No one may parade or walk the animal throughout the exhibits, booths, barns, food areas or other Fairground areas.
- Any persons knowingly keeping a vicious animal must take every precaution to protect anyone from becoming injured from this animal, including caging and muzzling your animal to protect the public. The owner/caretaker takes full liability of keeping a vicious animal in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- The Crawford County Fair Board reserves the right to have an animal removed from the premises in the event that the above conditions are not met or the animal is perceived to pose a threat or unreasonable inconvenience to Fair patrons.