Thank you for your interest in being crowned Crawford County Fair Queen!
We are looking for a young lady that will represent our fair as an ambassador of the PA farm, livestock and agricultural industry. The Crawford County Fair has promoted and highlighted agriculture and the youth of the county at 75 fairs and counting! And remember, you must enter something (entry or exhibit) in the Crawford County Fair this year!
2021 Crawford County Fair Queen, Rachel White, competed at the PA Fair State Convention. Thank you to the Fair Board and Crawford County Commissioners for their support. Want the 2021 Crawford County Fair Queen to attend or participate in a local event? Contact the Fair Office at (814) 333-7465.
Crawford County Fair Queen qualifications are as follows:
- Must be a U.S. citizen, a female and a resident of Crawford or a surrounding county in PA.
- Must be at least age 16 but no older than 20 years of age by June 1.
- Must be single, never married, have no children and must not marry nor get pregnant during her reign.
- Must have parent or guardian’s signature/consent and act in accordance with the State Fair Queen Behavior Policy.
- Must complete an application and participate in all required activities including orientation, interview sessions, crowning ceremony and be available the week of the fair for fair events as well as throughout the year as requested to participate in local events as an official representative of the fair.
- Prepare for, attend and compete in the PA State Fair Competition in Hershey. (January)
- Must have personal knowledge/experiences of the County Fair and PA 4H.
- Prepare a 3-minute persuasive speech on “Why you should attend and participate in the Crawford County Fair” and a 300-word essay on their own experiences at the county fair.
- Contestant’s knowledge of the fair, speaking ability and personality will be judged by a panel of judges. Poise, appearance, level of confidence and career aspirations will be considered.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer or a 4H leader or youth advisor is
required as part of the application.
- Each candidate is encouraged to collect a minimum of $200 in sponsors.
- Miss Crawford County Fair/Ambassador
- First Runner-Up
- Best Essay
- Miss Photogenic
Three judges from out of the area will serve as the judge’s panel. Judging will consist of:
- Individual interviews about fair knowledge, PA agriculture and general info
- Casual attire
- Formal attire
- 3-minute presentation “Why You Should Visit the Crawford County Fair”
- 300-word essay on the future of PA agriculture
- On-stage question related to PA Agriculture (finalists only)
Information packet and mail-in application
Please click on the button below to download, print, complete, and mail the form. You can mail the completed form and attachments to:
Crawford County Fair
Att: Queen/Ambassador Program
903 Diamond Park, Meadville, PA 16335
Please direct any questions to the fair office at (814) 333-7465.
You can also fill the on-line application below.
Please review the information packet carefully and submit the following by August 7:
- Completed application
- Responses to the questions on the Information Sheet (included in this packet)
- $200 sponsor fees from local sponsors/supporters (Checks to the Crawford County Fair Assoc)
- Signed Responsibilities form
- A letter of support from an advisor of a 4H, church group or other club/group you belong